At GrayMatter, our goal is to transform operations and empower people. As digital transformations in every industry are underway, we partner with some of the largest companies in the world to help harness their data and use it to work smarter. After all, the industry is buzzing with talk of how to leverage the power of Big Data, the Internet of Things (IoT) and the Industrial Internet. We provide innovative, data-driven technology solutions for the industry’s most complex problems. Our customers lean on us to protect and connect their critical assets with their people so every operator is empowered to be the best operator.
And that’s where you come in.
GrayMatter is dedicated to create a team that has the best talent our industry has to offer. Our organizational culture expresses a team-oriented environment and encourages a successful future with vast learning opportunities. Our team understands that our core values are critical to our success and make our company stand above the rest. Accountability, Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork make up our DNA.
Everyday, our team is doing amazing things such as:
- Protecting the nation’s water supply
- Improving US manufacturing operations
- Monitoring the nation’s power and oil & gas production
- Keeping our critical infrastructure safe from cyber attacks
Can you see yourself doing this every day? Joining our team means being a part of a culture that lives by its core values. We’re making a difference every day.
GrayMatter is looking for a proven HR leader to help develop and guide the HR strategic vision, aligning with the company goals of growth. An ideal candidate will have many years of experience leading the HR department with a small, fast growing company. A successful leader in this role will be a player/coach, who can lead the charge and get hands-on, all while collaborating with a team. This position will also be the lead recruiter for all of GrayMatter, interviewing and managing candidates from application to offer letter.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Develop and guide the HR strategic vision, aligning with the growth goals of the organization
- Take charge as lead recruiter of GrayMatter, managing candidates from application to offer
- Promote, maintain and enforce company culture and core values
- Talent acquisition planning
- Ensure legal compliance in all areas of organization
- Budget creation and management (including employee compensation budgeting)
- Develop talent and compensation "philosophy" and strategy to attract candidates
- Serve as trusted advisor to management and employees regarding employee relations, and conflict resolution
- Analysis of HR metrics and take action where needed
- Manage the HR internal systems and processes
- Promote HR best practices and initiate proactive changes where needed.
- Proven leader who can motivate, engage and guide a team towards a strategic vision.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to work independently and in collaboration with all departments.
- Strong ability to set priorities and goals, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure.
- Top notch recruiting skills and experience
- Expert knowledge of industry/HR best practices and norms
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong ability to research
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- Minimum (5) five years of relevant experience in HR management with proven success
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR (SHRM-SCP or SPHR preferred)
- MBA in HR Management or related field preferred
- Experienced in recruiting with proven success
- Experience with Canadian labor laws a plus
- Benefits Include: medical, dental, vision, employer paid LTD & Life, 401(k), immediate vacation, plus multiple other insurance options.
- Award winning culture emphasized by our core values of accountability, integrity, respect, innovation and teamwork.
- Salary based on experience